Year 3: Aylmerton Residential
The Year 3 children go on a coastal adventure to the Aylmerton Field Study Centre which is located on the north Norfolk coast.
The visit itself is based around team building and outdoor pursuit but there are also lots of additional learning opportunities with the children looking at coastal erosion, tides and wildlife of the area.
Some of the activities include:
- A Pirate Day consisting of many activities on site at the centre including low ropes, walking the plank, rock climbing and den building.
- A day along the coast, looking at coastal erosion and a trip to visit the seals.
- Time spent investigating rock pools and looking at different habitats.
- Evening twighlight safari through the woods of the National Trusts Felbrigg Hall Estate looking at what the woods are like at night and what wildlife awaken at this time. Keep an eye out for bats!
- Evening visit to the local bowling alley for a game against our friends.
All of the food provided on the visit (children will need to take a packed lunch on the first day) is prepared and made on site. Examples of the meals include:
Breakfast - cooked option as well as cereal and toast.
Lunch - choice of sandwich roll with packet of crisps, fruit, chocolate biscuit and fruit juice.
Dinner - three course meal consisting of a starter soup, main such as a Roast dinner or Pasta dish and a dessert with apple crumble and custard or jelly and ice cream.
As all meals are prepared on site, they are able to accommodate special dietary requirements, allergies and offer vegetarian options too.
As with all our residential visits, we provide parents with a 'Kit List' well in advance so that you can prepare.
At Aylmerton, children will spend most of their time outside and will get mucky and wet from time to time so old clothing is best - please do not purchase new items just for the visit!
The visit usually takes place towards the end of the Spring term and therefore the weather is unpredictable. We have had very hot visits and very wet and cold visits too. We will know closer to the time but ask that parents prepare for both just in case.
The cost of the visit includes full board for 3 days and 2 nights, transport to and from the centre, the use of a coach whilst at the centre, all activities and expertise of staff.
Please see below for the latest Parents Meeting Powerpoint which will provide you with all of the information for this visit.