Welcome back to Year 2. We hope that you have had a fantastic summer holiday and made lots of exciting memories! The Year 2 team are so excited to meet you and get started on a wonderful year full of exciting and memorable learning opportunities.
Home learning and support is a vital role in your child's learning. You should all be connected with your Year 2 teacher via Class Dojo and you will have seen a video from your new class teacher.
Please keep an eye on Class Dojo for updates on your child's behaviour, daily information and posts about your child's day at school. As you will be aware, there have been changes to the school's rules, routines and expectations so please also keep an eye out for whole school posts.
Home learning will be set from the week beginning the 14th virtually on Class Dojo and there will also be a variety of online resources for your child to access at home.
A key priority will be the relationships between teachers and parents to ensure that the children are fully supported at home and at school. Communication is a crucial part of this process so please do not hesitate to contact your teacher, myself or Miss Wilson (KS1 Leader) if you have any questions or worries
Our topic this term: Travelling through History
Join us on our journey back in time to see how the world has changed! First we will head to London to visit the bakery on Pudding Lane where The Great Fire of London began. We will investigate what caused the devastation that overpowered the city. How did this tragedy affect people’s lives and how did they come back from this? We will head to Southampton and across the seas to learn about the journey of ‘The Titanic’ and then discover how aeroplanes were created and what happened during the First Flight. We will become journalists, diarists, advertisers, scientists, composers and artists. We will explore new materials, discovering their properties, uses, the sounds they make and how creative we can be. We will experiment with mixing colours and textures as we create our own masterpieces across the curriculum.
Join us on this fantastic journey through time!
- Children can arrive at school between 8:30 and 9:00am. They must be dropped off at the school gate and there will be members of staff to help the children to their classrooms.
- Year 2 pupils will be picked up at 3:10 (2:00 on Friday). Parents should wait in the assigned class squares on the playground.
- Uniform - your child should wear school uniform 3 days per week, PE kit for one day and their own clothes on Friday.
- PE - Miss Newns' class PE day is on Thursday and Miss Tawn's and Mrs Gibbins' is on Tuesday.
- Your child should bring a water bottle to school each day which should be taken home and cleaned each night. We have spare water bottles available if you need one.
- Your child does not need to bring a bag to school. They can bring a lunch box or their lunch in a plastic bag if they are NOT having school dinner.
- You can send in a spare set of clothes that your child can keep in school if needed.
- All home learning will be set electronically via Class Dojo. Your child will bring home a reading book on a Monday that should be returned on Friday.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your child's class teacher via Class Dojo, myself or Miss Wilson.
Miss Newns, Miss Tawn and Mrs Gibbins