At Southfields Primary School we believe that residential visits are an important part of our curriculum. They provide the children with many amazing opportunities that we would not necessarily be able to provide in school.
Because of this, we provide a residential visit from Year 2 all the way up to Year 6, providing an array of opportunities for the children to get involved with.
These visits include:
- Year 2: a local visit to Stibbington Eco Centre.
- Year 3: an outdoors adventure to Aylmerton Field Study Centre situated on the North Norfolk coastline.
- Year 4: a team building and adventure break to Horstead Centre located in Norfolk.
- Year 5: a City break to London
- Year 6: a change of locality visit with a stay in Scarborough
In addition to these visits, we are now able to provide an additional opportunity for KS2 children to experience skiing in France.
Residential visits are not compulsory however are highly recommended. Letters will be sent home to the appropriate year groups when it is time to 'sign up' for a residential visit and you will be invited to attend several Pre (and Post) visit meetings to provide you with all of the relevant information about your child's visit.
All of our residential and day visits are risk assessed, insured, follow guidelines set by the Government and Local Authority and have been agreed by the Governing Body.
Please find more information about each residential visit by clicking on the relevant visit in the side bar.