PE and Sports Funding
The government has provided additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding was provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
Our school had to spend our additional funding on improving the provision of PE and sport, however we had the freedom to choose how we did this.
Southfields have used this money carefully to enhance the provision of PE across school. We purchased the Schools Sports Partnership Gold Package from Stanground Academy, which has allowed us to:
- hire specialist PE teachers and qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- pay for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- participate in Football and Netball leagues
- run intra and inter school sport competitions, and to increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buy quality assured professional development modules and materials for PE and sport
- provide places for pupils on after school sports clubs
- provide swimming lessons at Stanground Academy
We have also used the money to allow pupils to swim in our own pool as well as deep water swimming at the local secondary school see details below.
In the wider context we also used the money to provide a variety of after school Coaching to supplement our already broad curriculum.
In addition to this we also purchased deep pool tuition at Stanground Academy for year 4-year 6 children which includes training for our own staff from specialists as well as use of the pool and a fully qualified swimming teacher and life guard.
For further information on our spending and actions in 2019-20 please take time to look at the action plan and funding impact reports which are located at the bottom of the page.
To find out even more about the provision for 2019-20 through Stanground Academy's Sports Partnership page: