Hub of Expertise in Speech and Language (previously the ERP)
Our Hub Provision:
- is funded by the Local Authority
- is inclusive
- offers places to qualified children from 4-11 years
- offers advice to local schools within Peterborough's Local Authority in how best to support children with C&I (Communication and Interaction) needs - see the section about supporting local schools for more details.
Pupils on the Hub Provision have a variety of C&I needs.
This might include:
- receptive or expressive disorders or delay
- developmental verbal dyspraxia
- delayed or disordered development of a speech sound system
- language delays or disorders
Qualifying pupils must have an EHCP with C&I as the primary need, or be in the planning stages.
What can we provide?
- access to the whole curriculum within a mainstream class
- Speech and Language Therapists every week
- Speech and Language therapy programme individually assessed and tailored by the speech and language therapists and delivered by qualified teaching assistants daily.
- full time support within the classroom, in small groups and individually, to facilitate access to the curriculum in whatever way that is needed.
- a manager and a team of teaching assistants with experience and expertise in supporting children who have speech and language difficulties
- individual learning programmes
- sensory integration therapy
- access to and support from outside agencies in addition to the Speech and Language Therapist e.g. Occupational Therapists, Educational Psychologists
- a wide range and variety of resources
- teachers who have experience and ongoing training in teaching children with speech and language difficulties
- accredited Elklan Communication Friendly environment
There are currently 18 funded places allocated for speech and language within Southfields Primary School Hub.
Currently the school has 36 pupils who have accessed the provision and moved off it in the past due to the fantastic progress and parents have then selected to leave the pupils within the school and parents have asked that they remain with us in school.
Applications are considered by a panel and admission is dependent on:
- number of places available
- fulfilment of admissions criteria (see below)
Parents, teachers, TAs, SENDCOs and anyone else with an interest in supporting children with C&I needs are very welcome to visit.
Mrs L Barnard, Hub Manager
Tel: 01733 566710
If you are interested and would like to find out more, why not click on the links below:
Information for parents - http://www.talkingpoint.org.uk/resources-search
Ideas and games to try with your child - http://www.ican-dev.org.uk/games/
Information for parents and children - http://www.afasic.org.uk/
Information with parents with specific speech difficulty/disorder - http://www.ndp3.org/dyspraxia-referral-guidelines.html
Please see below for our SLCN policy: