Hub of Expertise in Speech and Language
Our Hub Provision is:
- funded by the Local Authority
- for children aged 4 to 11 years
Pupils on the Hub Provision have a variety of speech and/or language difficulties.
This might include:
- receptive or expressive disorders or delay
- developmental verbal dyspraxia
- delayed or disordered development of a speech sound system
Pupils must have an EHCP with SLC as the primary need, or be in the planning stages.
What can we provide?
- access to the whole curriculum within a mainstream class
- Speech and Language Therapists every week
- Speech and Language therapy programme individually assessed and tailored by the speech and language therapists and delivered by qualified teaching assistants daily.
- full time support within the classroom, in small groups and individually, to facilitate access to the curriculum in whatever way that is needed.
- a manager and a team of teaching assistants with experience and expertise in supporting children who have speech and language difficulties
- individual learning programmes
- sensory integration therapy
- access to and support from outside agencies in addition to the Speech and Language Therapist e.g. Occupational Therapists, Educational Psychologists
- transport to and from home for those outside the catchment area
- a wide range and variety of resources
- teachers who have experience in teaching children with speech and language difficulties
- accreddited Elklan Communication Friendly environment
There are 15 places at Southfields Primary School ERP was set up to accomodate pupils within the school as well as provide outreach and training across the Authority. Currently the school has 36 pupils who have accessed the provision and made fantastic progress and parents have then selected to leave the pupils within the school.
Applications are considered by a panel and admission is dependent on:
- number of places available
- fulfillment of admissions criteria (see below)
Parents, teachers, TAs, SENCOs etc. are very welcome to visit.
Mrs L Barnard, Hub Manager
Tel: 01733 566710
If you are interested and would like to find out more, why not click on the links below:
Information for parents - http://www.talkingpoint.org.uk/resources-search
Ideas and games to try with your child - http://www.ican-dev.org.uk/games/
Information for parents and children - http://www.afasic.org.uk/
Information with parents with specific speech difficulty/disorder - http://www.ndp3.org/dyspraxia-referral-guidelines.html
Please see below for our SLCN policy: