Welcome to Upper School.
Upper School consists of Year five and Year six. This is the phase where we begin getting the children ready for secondary school. Making sure they have the independence, resilience and attitudes towards learning they will need to carry on with their educational journey.
Within upper school the staff are as follows:
- Miss McLaughlin - Year 5 teacher, English Co-ordinator and Phase Leader.
- Mrs Ferrara (maternity)- Year 5 teacher, Mathematics Co-ordinator and Phase Leader.
- Mrs Urciuoli - Year 6 teacher, TAG and Data Co-ordinator.
- Miss Nicholson - Year 6 teacher and Enrichment Co-ordinator.
- Mrs Paterson- Year 6 teacher and Pupil Voice Co-ordinator
- Mrs Barnard - Year 6 teacher/leader, Computing Co-ordinator and Enhanced Resources Co-ordinator.
- Mr Addison - Year 5 teacher, English Co-ordinator and School Council leader
- Mrs Peacock - Year 5 teacher and Languages Co-ordinator
- Mr Pye -Year 5 teacher and Physical Education Co-ordinator
- Mrs Arnold - High Level Teaching Assistants
- Mrs Bush, Miss Gray, Mrs Perridge, Mrs Nespoli, Miss Clarke, Mr Rizzo, Miss Melkowski, Mrs Jenkins and Mrs Crate - Year five and six Teaching Assistants.
As the phase leaders, we welcome you and your child to the phase. As the children get older, we appreciate it can be difficult for some parents to find the time to come into school around their work but we would greatly appreciate as much parental involvement as possible so do not hesitate to keep in touch. Also we will be running various parent workshops across the year. We hope to see you all there.