Welcome to Upper School.
Upper School consists of Year five and Year six. This is the phase where we begin getting the children ready for secondary school. Making sure they have the independence, resilience and attitudes towards learning they will need to carry on with their educational journey.
Within upper school the staff are as follows:
- Mrs Welsh (maternity) - Year 5 teacher, English Co-ordinator and Phase Leader.
- Mrs Ferrara - Year 5 teacher, Mathematics Team and Phase Leader.
- Mrs Urciuoli - Year 6 teacher and Data Co-ordinator.
- Miss Nicholson - Year 6 teacher and Extended Schools Co-ordinator.
- Mrs Paterson- Year 6 teacher and Pupil Voice Co-ordinator
- Mrs Barnard (maternity)- Year 6 teacher/leader, Computing Co-ordinator and HUB Manager
- Mr Addison - Year 5 teacher, English Co-ordinator and School Council leader
- Mrs Peacock - Year 5 teacher, Languages Co-ordinator and HLP Co-ordinator
- Mr Pye - Year 5 teacher and Physical Education Co-ordinator
- Mr Aldous - Year 5/6 teacher.
- Mrs Arnold - High Level Teaching Assistant
- Miss Gray (maternity), Mrs Perridge, Mrs Nespoli, Miss Clarke, Miss Melkowski, Mrs Jenkins, Mrs Crate and Mrs Burnham- Year five and six Teaching Assistants.
As the phase leader, we welcome you and your child to the phase. As the children get older, we appreciate it can be difficult for some parents to find the time to come into school around their work but we would greatly appreciate as much parental involvement as possible so do not hesitate to keep in touch. We will also be running various parent workshops across the year. We hope to see you all there.