Our School Mission Statement
Southfields Primary School provides an outstanding education within the context and understanding of shared values. We believe all children should be taught kindness, care, consideration, co-operation, resilience, honesty, respect, hard work, perseverance and openness.
We believe in the magic of childhood and our children are encouraged to enjoy and achieve as individuals, as part of a team and as a school. We believe in having a positive approach towards school life and children are supported to become highly motivated, hardworking and confident.
The school has been successful for many years and has embedded traditional family values, whilst being forward thinking in providing the very best education for the whole school community.
Southfields is a National and Local Leading School supporting and working in partnership with other schools to raise standards nationally. The Head Teacher is a National Leader of Education – and is deployed to support other schools nationally.
It is recognised for its work in Environmental Education, Sustainable Schools, Arts, and Academic Study and has the unique feature of teaching Music as a core subject. Throughout your child’s time at the school they will be taught four instruments and, in addition to this, we have fourteen additional instruments that are an option, delivered by peripatetic teachers and we also have a choir, which works at a national and international level with specialist voice training.
Aims of the School
- Ensure that our pupils have an outstanding education
- Provide outstanding opportunities in Literacy, Numeracy, Science, Multi Media and Music.
- Create an interesting and stimulating environment, which reflects our values and promotes a sense of community as well as an individual sense of self worth.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum with high expectations and outstanding outcomes.
- Develop a community of life-long learners where learning access is a right and thinking a recognised achievement.
- Provide learning experiences that allow all pupils equal opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for children to develop lively and enquiring minds.
- Promote social, cultural, moral and spiritual development, preparing pupils to be responsible citizens.
- Encourage partnership with parents/carers and foster positive links with the community.
- Encourage kindness, honesty and respect in a school that makes sustainable choices to foster a care for the future.
We believe the most effective way of achieving these aims is through the promotion of enquiry, curiosity, enthusiasm and challenge, sharing and learning together, the acceptance and embracing of differences, openness, respect and perseverance.
Our school aims are to be an inclusive school where all children are welcome, feel happy and look forward to their school day. Every child is different and we view those differences as opportunities for adults and children alike to learn more from each other.
We work hard on supporting children with Special Educational Needs and our school practice and policy is revised every year. The policy is available from the parents’ library website. Our aim is for all children to have access to all aspects of school life, as far as is reasonable and practical. Southfields is already a very inclusive school and has been awarded the Peterborough Inclusion Charter Mark.
Please view the prospectus below for full information