The curriculum has recently changed and topics have been added to year 5 and 6. Although there are a variety of subjects that are similar in theme and differ via progression, there are core changes and differences between the year groups. These are listed below…
- Year 5
- English/ Mathematics
- Science- Forces, Earth and Space, Properties of Materials, Types of Reactions. Animals (including humans), Scientific Working
- Geography- Landmarks, Colorado River
- History- Anglo-Saxons, Ancient Greeks, Education and Childhood in Victorian Times
- Year 6
- Science- Evolution, Animals (including humans), Scientific Working, Revision Units.
- Geography- Scarborough Project, Volcanoes and Earthquakes, The Rainforest.
- History- Crime and Punishment.
Attached below is our upper school element of our calculations policy. These will be the methods of calculation that we will be working on during the upper school phase.
Also there are details of the year 5 and 6 English curriculum and the statutory spelling words for the phase.