Mrs Harlow and Mr Aldous
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to the start of the final term of Reception! Where has the time gone?! I hope you all had a lovely Easter break. It is going to be an another exciting term as we prepare your little ones for year one.
Now a clue about our topic this term….
An amble along the shore
Let’s go and explore
What treasures will we find as we dig holes galore,
Can you build a castle and top it with a flag?
Have a break for lunch, you can eat it out the bag!
An end to a perfect day have something cold from a cone
Now let’s make the long trip home!
Our topic for this term is called ‘Oh I do like to be beside the seaside’ and this wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the beach which will be happening in just a few weeks time! We also have some other exciting events to look forward to this term too including Mayday Festival Friday 7th June, Sports Day and Arts Week.
Details of the above events will follow in due course.
Please continue to add to and comment on your child’s learning journey on Tapestry. I do love to see what the children do at home and how they are developing their learning in school when out and about.
Your child can continue to change their book on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The children have become really independent in changing their books however we are always on hand to give them that extra reminder! Alongside reading and word tins please also continue with the weekly homework task for the whole family to engage in and spellings.
Just a few reminders:
- Please keep your child's PE kit in school (t-shirt, shorts and plimsolls), we will have PE on a Tuesday and a Wednesday each week.
- Water only in drinks bottles (All children will be provided with a red bottle which will stay in school – it will be washed and refilled with fresh water daily)
- Please name ALL clothing and shoes
- We use the outdoor area in all weathers so it would be useful for each child to have a NAMED pair of wellies to wear as it can be very muddy.
- As the weather gets warmer (let’s hope it does!) Please provide your child with a named sunhat and sun cream (which they must be able to apply themselves).
We are very much looking forward to this busy term.
Mrs Harlow, Mr Aldous, Mrs Routledge and Miss Walden