Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to the start of a new term! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas break and a big thank you for all of the wonderful gifts, we feel very spoilt.
It is going to be another very busy and exciting term. The Reception team will all continue working hard to ensure your children have a positive, engaging and safe learning environment. Here’s a taster of what we will be doing this term…
Blue flashing lights and noisy sirens,
Tall ladders and 999,
Buses beep beeping,
Trains chuff chuffing,
And we all go travelling by!
You have guessed it! Our topic this term is about Transport and is called ‘We’re going on a Journey’. Each week will be based around a book focussing on a different mode of transport. We will also have our first coach trip out in March!
The outdoor area will be used as much as the indoor classrooms as this further develops the Early Years curriculum and will enhance the children’s learning. We spend a lot of time setting up the learning outside so please do not allow younger siblings to play under the canopy or on the ride on vehicles.
Your child can change their book on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. When your child is ready to change their book please remind them as they will now be responsible for changing them by themselves.
Please continue to practise letter sounds with your children; shortly your child will also bring home a spelling book with a few words to learn to read and spell each week. The blue homework journal will also be given out each week for the children to complete.
If you need to pass on any messages to us please continue to do so by class dojo and also don’t forget to put WOW! Moments on Tapestry as we love to hear about your children’s successes.
Just a few reminders:
- Please keep your child's PE kit in school all week – outdoor and indoor. (White T-shirt and black or blue shorts, sweatshirt, joggers and plimsolls/trainers) PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
- All children will be provided with a red water bottle which will stay in school – it will be washed and sterilised and refilled with fresh water daily
- Please provide your child with a drink if they are having a packed lunch (no fizzy drinks)
- Please name ALL clothing and shoes (We ended up with a LARGE amount of lost property last half term so please name EVERYTHING!) Please also check that you haven’t picked up someone else’s cardigan or jumper by mistake!
- We use the outdoor area in all weathers so it would be useful for each child to have a NAMED pair of wellies to wear as it can be very muddy. These will be kept in school for the Spring term.
We know that relationships with parents is vital in the care and development of your children so please ask if you have any questions at all – there is no such thing as a silly question – so please ask!
Mrs Howlett and Mrs Crane