PE and Sports Funding
The government has provided additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
Our school must spend our additional funding on improving the provision of PE and sport, but we have the freedom to choose how we do this.
Southfields have planned how to use this money carefully. We purchase the Schools Sports Partnership Gold Package from Stanground Academy, which has allowed us to:
- hire specialist PE teachers and qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- pay for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- participate in Football and Netball leagues
- run intra and inter school sport competitions, and to increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buy quality assured professional development modules and materials for PE and sport
- provide places for pupils on after school sports clubs
- provide swimming lessons at Stanground Academy
We have also use the money to allow pupils to swim in our own pool as well as deep water swimming at the local secondary school see details below.
In the wider context we also use the money to provide after school Football and Tennis Coaching to supplement our already broad curriculum.
In addition to this we also purchase deep pool tuition at Stanground Academy year 4-year 6 which includes training for our own staff from specialists as well as use of the pool and a fully qualified swimming teacher and life guard.
For further information on our spending in 2017-18 please take time to look at the action plan and subject leader reports which are located at the bottom of the page.
For information about 2017 -18 to date please read our Action Plan for 2017-18. To find out even more about the provision for 2017-18 through Stanground Academy's Sports Partnership page: