Our Core Value and Aim
The main aim at Southfields Primary School is to provide a first class education and care for your children. We work hard to involve families in all aspects of life within the school and are proud of our community work. We are a forward thinking school with traditional family values.
Our facilities are excellent and we are proud of our work in English, Mathematics and the Sciences. In addition we also excel in the Arts, Multi Media, Computing, Music, Eco Schools, Sports and Languages. Our website with information about your child's education, photos, children's work, quotes, Twitter and news updates should give you a picture of everyday life at our school but do please come and see us at work and discover how your child could thrive here.
We want our pupils to:
* Develop an enthusiasm for learning.
* A passion for Science.
* Enjoy creative subjects such as the Arts and Music to develop skills to appreciate expression
* Develop Life skills and learn how to present themselves positively in a range of situations
* Develop life skills and growth mind set to prepare children for possibilities that the future may bring
* Develop a positive attitude towards life long learning
* Develop resilience and adaptability to prepare them a life in an increasingly changing environment
* Be forward thinking yet mindful we are preparing our children for jobs that does not exist yet
* Teach our children to learn how to look after their body and mind - including how to be positive, happy and relax
* Develop an empathy with nature and the great outdoors
* Become literate and numerate - develop a love of books and a thirst for knowledge
* Understand the importance of laughter and fun
* Develop a passion and interest in computing and the sciences
* Develop an interest in STEM and how they link in technology and the worlds infa-structure
* Be competent to achieve their best with the National Curriculum and work hard to achieve ARE or the best they can through continued hard work and dedication.
* Be able to apply the skills and knowledge we have to other situations - making links
* ‘Understand that they (children) are not statistics but the future
* Well-rounded children who have the passion and confidence to follow their dreams.
* To understand their is no substitute for hard work
To be passionate for what they believe in and have the skills and confidence to express it
Develop a sound understanding of British Values and have empathy and understanding for other beliefs and cultures
Live by our Motto
Believe in yourself, value others, be proud of your achievements, smile shine and be happy.
Our children are not statistics they are the future. We will endeavour to equip them with the skills and knowledge to shape their world and become happy, confident and productive members of society.
Ofsted Parent View: What do our parents say about the school?