Letter From Our Head of Phase
Welcome to Upper School.
Upper School consists of Year five and Year six. This is the phase where we begin getting the children ready for secondary school. Making sure they have the independence, resilience and attitudes towards learning they will need to carry on with their educational journey.
Within upper school the staff are as follows:
- Miss McLaughlin - Year 5 teacher, English Co-ordinator and Phase Leader.
- Mrs Ferrara (maternity) - Year 5 teacher, Mathematics Co-ordinator and Phase Leader.
- Mrs Urciuoli - Year 6 teacher and Data and Assessment Co-ordinator.
- Miss Nicholson - Year 6 teacher and Extended School Co-ordinator.
- Mrs Paterson- Year 6 teacher and Pupil Voice Co-ordinator
- Mrs Barnard - Year 6 teacher/leader, Computing Co-ordinator and HUB Manager.
- Mr Addison - Year 5 teacher, English Co-ordinator and School Council leader
- Mrs Peacock - Year 5 teacher and Languages Co-ordinator
- Mr Pye -Year 5 teacher and Physical Education Co-ordinator
- Mrs Arnold - High Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Bush, Miss Gray, Mrs Perridge, Mrs Nespoli, Miss Clarke, Mr Rizzo, Miss Melkowski, Mrs Jenkins and Mrs Crate - Year five and six Teaching Assistants.
Miss McLaughiln has been teaching for nine years and began her teaching career here at Southfields as a newly qualified teacher. She has worked in year five and six throughout her career and has been a phase leader for four years. Miss McLaughlin has a degree in English and Education Studies and has led English at Southfields for eight years.
Mrs Ferrara has been teaching for seven years and began her teaching career here at Southfields as a newly qualified teacher too. She has worked in upper school for most of her career but has also spent time teaching in Year three. Mrs Ferrara has been a phase leader for four years. Mrs Ferrara has a degree in Primary Teaching and a Masters in Education (with a Maths focus).
As the phase leaders, we welcome your child to the phase. As the children get older, we appreciate it can be difficult for some parents to find the time to come into school around their work but we would greatly appreciate as much parental involvement as possible and do. not hesitate to be in touch. Also we will be running various parent workshops across the year. We hope to see you all there.